
01.03.1918 - 03.07.2011
Grandma was born a Capricorn, just like me. They say people born under this sign are stubborn, and I think I have to agree with them. There were many times in the past few years when we thought Grandma was going to die soon. But she didn't. This weekend when I went to Blanding we kept thinking it was her last moment, but it wasn't. Grandma did not leave this earth until she was good and ready. She was a fighter until the very end. I have been remembering lots of times I had with her in my lifetime, and I will miss her very much. When I first got the call last Friday that she was dying, the memory that came to mind and has stayed there was when I was about three years old. I remember walking up the hill from the trailer to Grandma's. I was walking along the pink roses and touching them with my hand. Grandma was out on her carport, and she said, "Tiffy, come eat breakfast with me and Grandpa." I got very excited and ran up the hill and hugged her around the legs. The early memories I have of her and Grandpa are what have been in my mind this week.
I was not able to give Grandma a Johnny-Jump-Up when I was there, so this one is for her instead. Anyone who knows us, knows I always had one for her. I love you Grandma, and will miss you in my life. Love, Tiffy
So sorry for your loss Tiffany. This is a lovely tribute. I met Grandma Brown just once, but now I will think of her, and of you, when ever I see Johnny-Jump-Up.
ReplyDelete