Saturday night we went and visited Will & Shalisse Manchester in their new apartment in Midvale. We hung out all night and Tim got to learn how to play Modern Warfare on Xbox. It was fun to hang out with friends we hadn't seen since June. Also liked only having to drive to Midvale instead of Tooele. :)
Monday Trish and I went to South Towne Mall for some girl time. We realized we never go to the mall together unless someone is getting married or it is Christmas. She got a new shirt to wear to the funeral, and I got a levi skirt. It was great to buy something that wasn't navy or khaki, and I got to buy a smaller size than usual. Yay for small victories!
Tuesday we went to West Point for Grandma Pat's funeral, which was a sad/happy day. I hadn't realized until then, that she was the only great-grandma Hurst that my kids ever really knew. I am really glad we got to have Grandma Pat in our lives. She was such a wonderful lady. So, that brings our tally since we got together to 3 funerals, 2 weddings, 5 baby blessings, and 1 baptism we have attended. I really enjoyed seeing the members of the Hurst family that were there. It was nice to go to dinner afterwards. I think I might have a new place to eat at now. I have always wondered what Cracker Barrel was like, and now I know it is inexpensive and delicious! http://www.crackerbarrel.com I highly recommend the meatloaf w/ mashed potatoes and country green beans. mmmmmm.
Thursday was payday (yay) which means running errands (boo). We never get sleep on payday cause there are so many errands. We also had to register our car that day since it was the last day of the month. We ended up going to Burt Brothers which is two blocks from our house, (and next door to Dairy Queen), instead of waiting forever at the DMV. We thought we were done with errands, until we saw Harley. She is Tim's parents dog, and she had been bitten by something so that her entire ear had swollen. We got to take her to the vet and spend an hour and half there. Then, we went and got furniture from the storage unit to send to Blanding and tried to get dinner with Sean, Maggie and the boys, only to get turned away from Panda Express and Bajio because they both closed at NINE. We ended up eating at McDonald's. :( But, we made it to work on time, barely.
Friday was the same as always, except my shoe separated into two pieces at work! Lame-O. Guess I'll call Trish and see if she wants to go to the mall again.
I'll go to the mall with you---do you think Tim would mind watching my kids too ? :)
ReplyDelete